POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Estimates of average work times for entries? : Estimates of average work times for entries? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:01:56 EDT (-0400)
  Estimates of average work times for entries?
From: Doug Grim
Date: 21 Oct 2000 02:02:17
Message: <39f13169@news.povray.org>
I'm working on my first entry that's going to actually make it to the
contest, and was wondering how long most people spend on their entries to
get everything just perfect..  I ask, because so far, I've sunk a half-dozen
four hour plane flights into my entry, and ever mounting hours in late
evenings and early mornings stolen to work on the entry..

I'm guessing, hours spent is a function of "how much before the deadline you
started", but beyond that..  When are you insanely behind the effort-curve
that the rest of the field is playing on?

And, if "number of hours spent" is a bogus question, how about an
approximate guess on how much time is spent doing the scene, vs. time spent
getting the details exactly right..

Looking forward to the contest.

--
Doug Grim